Step 1. Application
- Submit an online application at apply.cincinnatistate.edu
Step 2. Request Official Documents
- High School Transcript
- College Transcripts
(if college courses have been taken)
- GED Test Scores (if applicable)
Request all official documents to be sent to:
3520 Central Parkway, Main Bldg, Suite 181
Cincinnati OH 45223-2690
Step 3. Placement Test
Complete the Placement Test or receive an approved waiver.
- Take the Placement Test
- Prepare for the test before taking it! Go to www.cincinnatistate.edu/testing for study material.
- The Testing Center is located in room 176 in the Main Building on the Clifton Campus. Hours are posted at www.cincinnatistate.edu/testing or call (513) 569-1569.
- Walk-ins are accepted.
- An official, valid photo ID is required.
- Allow 2 hours to complete the test.
- For exceptions to the placement test, please visit www.cincinnatistate.edu/testing
- Other test scores (waiver submission not required)
- Submit ACT scores, if taken within the last 2 years, by contacting www.ACTstudent.org. The Cincinnati State school code is 5570. Scores of 18 for English, 21 for Reading, and 22 for Math will place you in college-level courses.
- Submit SAT score, if taken within the last 2 years via www.collegeboard.org. The Cincinnati State school code is 1984. Minimum scores of 520 for math and 480 for reading + writing are required.